Meteonorm includes global radiation, temperature, humidity, precipitation, days with precipitation, wind speed and direction and sunshine duration. It features a horizon database that shows local altitudes of landscape features as plotted from satellites. From simply clicking on a map, it is possible to view not only climate data but also the reduction of solar radiation caused by local topography features.
Meteonorm is a data source for engineering design programs such as PV*SOL and T*SOL in passive, active and photovoltaic application of solar energy. It also provides a meteorological reference for environmental research, agriculture, forestry and anyone else interested in meteorology and solar energy. Includes new aerosol/turbidity data, new minute-model data and urban heat island effect.
What does Meteonorm do?
Usually, measurement data can only be used in the vicinity of a weather station. Elsewhere the data has to be interpolated between different stations. Meteonorm's sophisticated interpolation models create a reliable calculation of solar radiation, temperature and additional parameters at any site in the world. Meteonorm allows you to easily manage and select your weather stations and sites.
Meteonorm now offers access to all relevant meteorological information required for planning of solar applications through the same software platform:
- typical years
- monthly averages
- hourly time series
Function, Implementation and Usage Areas:
- Provides calculation of long term and current monthly mean values as well as hourly values of typical year
- Calculation of radiation for inclined surfaces
- Enhanced temperature and humidity generation for building simulation
- Generates data for simulation of solar and thermal equipment
- Maps of yearly means of global radiation can be produced for any region of the world between 60°S and 60°N.
- above 30 different output formats as well as user-definable output format (export)
- Results can be viewed immediately. Stored values are available to external applications
- Effects of high horizon considered in radiation calculations.
- Additional skyline profile can easily be entered either graphically (drag line) or numerically
- High horizon calculated automatically for all mountain regions
- calculates the horizon line with help of a digital terrain model (dtm)
- Terrain elevation data is based on 90x90 m resolution digital terrain data of NASA’s Space Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM).
- automatically detects if there are no files in the local directory and tries to access the horizon line via internet
- Datasets are continuously added for download
- Terrain elevation data is stored in tiles with a size of 3x3° which overlap each other by 1°.
- Global coverage
- Global radiation interpolation based on high resolution satellite data
- Maps of horizontal global radiation and temperature
- Monthly mean values of global radiation for various regions of the world are based on ground data and satellite imagery.
- Interpolation models to calculate mean values for any site in the world.
- Algorithms are continually kept up-to-date under intensive cooperation with experts
- Only accepted and published models are used
- Contains user friendly mapping module
- The database stores measured data (climatological data) of more than 8000 weather stations, more then 1500 with measured radiation [Gh]
- Measured parameters: monthly means of global radiation, temperature, humidity, precipitation, days with precipitation, wind speed and direction, sunshine duration
- Time periods 1961-90 and 1996-2005 for temperature, humidity, precipitation and wind speed selectable
- Use of satellite data for areas with low density of weather stations
- Import of user data
- Import of current data by internet (import of current monthly values).
New features in Version 8
- More recent data from the following periods:
- 1996 – 2015: new main period for radiation parameters
- 2000 – 2019: new main period for temperature, dew point temperature, wind, precipitation and days with precipitation
These more recent time periods are denoted in the new Version as “contemporary”. It is still possible to choose a “historic” data period (1981 – 1990 for radiation and 1961 – 1990 for temperature).
- Access to ongoing current time series based on satellite (Europe, Africa, Near East) and Re-Analysis data (ERA-5T, rest of the world)
- New satellite data based on an own, globally homogeneous satellite model, including satellite data for Asia and the Americas
- Future data for IPCC Scenarios RCP 2.4, 4.5 and 8.5 from 10 global climate models based on CMIP5 are included (2020 - 2100)
- Detailed model for urban effects based on the H2020 climate-fit.city project. 100 cities in Europe include urban effects for the contemporary climates. Barcelona, Berlin, Bern, Bremen, Prague, Rome and Vienna additionally include urban effects of 2050 for two scenarios.
- Current data (downloaded timeseries) include the new parameters Td, FF, DD and RR (previously only Ta and Gh)
- The software was partly refactored, updated and bugs fixed. Climate data are mostly stored as .png files to achieve maximum compression rates.
- Clearer structure and separation of climate and/or imported / current data
- The global radiation maps have been updated. They are now based to a greated extent on satellite data.
- Meteonorm 8 allows access to historical time series of irradiation and temperature after an optional in-program payment. The new archive contains hourly data since 2010 and is constantly updated. Also the new archive contains hourly data since 2010 and is constantly updated. You can download these time series directly from the Meteonorm software. Also there are enhanced urban city effect model based on H2020 project climate-fit.city
- Download size approx. 510MB
- Microsoft Windows 8/10 32/64 bit
- .NET 4.7.2-Framework (Meteonorm does install .NET it if not present)
- min. 1GB RAM
- min. 1.6 GB HDD
- min. 1024x760px screen resolution
- A single user license can be installed and registered once. A second installation is allowed, e.g. one installation on a desktop computer and one on a notebook.
- Multi user licenses are recommended for a department/company environment where several workstations require a license. The multi user license is limited to one department/company with the same address.
- For restricted educational use, METEONORM offers tutorial licenses which are limited for one year. These are combined in a package with a single user license.
Price and Ordering:
- The Price is to be paid in EUR. The single user license, when ordered via E-Mail:
- Full License Version 8.0: 610,00 EUR plus 20% tax.
- Upgrade Version 7 to 8.0: 270,00 EUR plus 20% tax.
- Addon: Merkblatt SIA 2028 (Climate data building physics), 1 period: 455,00 EUR plus 20% tax.
- Addon: Merkblatt SIA 2028 (Climate data building physics), 3 periods: 810,00 EUR plus 20% tax.
- EDU-License: 555,00 EUR plus 20% tax.
- Upgrade Version 7 to 8.0: 270,00 EUR plus 20% tax.
- A free form order containing precise data of the licensee and billing information and your e-Mail address shall be sent via E-Mail to:
meteonorm AT kornicki.com
- We will send you the bill confirming the order. After your money transfer has arrived to our account in full we will send you the activation information via E-Mail.
- With respect to multiple or academic (tutorial) licenses or update purchase please send us your request via E-Mail to:
meteonorm AT kornicki.com.
Documentation, Manual, Theory, Info:
Frequently asked questions:
- Who will answer my operational or technical questions?
Technical question shall be directed to MeteoTest directly (www.meteotest.ch, or email@example.com )
- Is there any support or service contract offered?
No. E-Mail or telephone support is included with the purchase fee.
- Is second installation onto a mobile computer allowed for the same user (at no addition costs)?
Yes. Second installation for non-concurrent use is granted by the manufacturer. A second installation code must be registered.
- Is installation onto terminal server supported?
No. Even if some users have managed to succeed with that, there is no support provided by the manufacturer!